Examination and Approval of Qualification of Study for Children of foreigners in Shanghai
I. Service Object
II. Requirements for Acceptance
1. Those who meet the following conditions can apply directly to the school they plan to attend:
（1）Children of foreigners with Foreigner Passport, as well as Shanghai Foreigner’s Work Certificate and Foreigner’s Residence Certificate by working in Shanghai through legal means
（2）Foreign-born children (with legal foreign birth certificate) of Chinese Citizens with Chinese Passport, and currently living and working in Shanghai
2. Those with the following conditions can apply to the school they plan to attend after obtain certificate issued by Shanghai Municipal Education Commission:
Children of Chinese Citizens going back to work and live in Shanghai, who are in possession of Chinese Passport, and whose whole family members have obtained foreign permanent residency. The Children should have studied in school of country where he obtained permanent residency in recent two years or above.
III. Application Materials
All uploaded materials must provide scanned copies of the original documents, and the front and back of the certificate must be provided. The uploaded materials should be in PDF format (if there are multiple pages, please merge them into one file before upload). Please refer to the requirements in the material list for all the uploaded materials. After the upload is completed, the original and hard copy of the materials must be submitted to the processing site as required (the copies of all materials must cover all information pages with no missing page). If the materials are complete, we will reply within 5 working days.
The original and hard copies of the materials should receive on-site check and processing at International Education Association Shanghai （245, Jiangning Rd.)
1. The application materials should be arranged in the order stated in the application form of this guide;
2. Hard copies of the application materials should be clear (the copies of all materials must cover all information pages with no missing page);
3. Hard copies should be in A4 size.
1. Fill in the application form online and upload the materials as required. Website: https://zwdt.sh.gov.cn/govPortals/bsfw/item/c862a5b9-e0ea-4684-9516-106300d19c03
2. The applicant should submit the application materials on the spot, and the International Exchange Office of the Municipal Education Commission will accept and review the complete application materials that meet the requirements for examination and approval, and then prepare the approval document and deliver it to the applicant.
V. Time & Venue
1. Address: Rm. 101 (lobby hall), International Education Association Shanghai, 245 Jiangning Rd., Jing'an District, Shanghai
2. Time: 9:00-12:00, Wednesday morning (except for statutory holiday)
1. Do I only have to fill in and upload materials online in order to apply for qualification of study for children of foreigners?
No, after the applicant completes the submission of the materials online. It is necessary to bring the original and hard copies of all materials according to the requirements in the material list to the processing place for on-site verification. The original documents will be returned after verification on the day of acceptance.
Time of acceptance: 9:00-12:00, Wednesday (except for statutory holiday)
2. After completing the upload of the materials online and submitting the materials on the spot, can I get the approval result right away? Can the materials be delivered?
No, if the materials are complete, we will reply within 5 working days in principle. When the applicant receives the phone call informing approval from the staff, the applicant should bring the original and hard copy of his ID card to the spot (245, Jiangning Rd., 9:00-12:00 Wednesday morning) and sign for collection.