Amendment of residence permit details

(police.sh.cn) | Feb 25, 2014

I. If you change your purpose of residence, your passport number or if there is a change regarding another person included in your residence permit, you should apply to the residence permit issuing authority for a new residence permit within 10 days.

If you change your address, or change university, college, school, or your work unit, you should apply to the residence permit issuing authority within 10 days.

If you move from one city to another, the exit-entry administration department in either one of the cities can handle the required amendments.
II. Procedure
 Required documents:
1. Foreigner’s Visa and Residence Permit Application Form with one recent photo
2. Passport and residence permit 
3. Work unit’s letter of application  
4. Certificate issued by your hotel or the police substation of the area where you are resident
5. If you are applying to change the name of your work unit on your permit, you should submit the original and a copy of the certificate of approval of enterprise, a copy of the unit’s business license or the representative agency registration certificate, a copy of the organization code of the new unit and your employment credential, expert certificate or press card  
6. If you are changing the name of your university on your residence permit, you should submit the Form JW201 or JW202 and the matriculation notice 
7.  If you are applying to change the name of your work unit, you should submit the official letter of application of the original unit and the new unit. 
III. Business Hours:  
Monday-Saturday      9:00-17:00  
Note: Credentials are only handled on Saturday

1500, Minsheng Rd, Pudong New Area 
IV. Your case will be handled within five working days, if all the required documents are submitted. 
V. Fee: For details, see the Visa Fee Standard of Reciprocal Countries and Non-Reciprocal Countries, the State Development and Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance [J. J. G. (2003) No.392] 
VI. Information: +86-21-2895-1900
VII. Supervisor: +86-21-6854-7109


--Discipline-- > >
  • Philosophy
  • Economics
  • Law
  • Education
  • Literature
  • History
  • Science
  • Engineering
  • Agriculture
  • Medicine
  • Management
  • Art
--University-- > >
  • Fudan University
  • Tongji University
  • Shanghai Jiao Tong University
  • East China University of Science and Technology
  • University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
  • Shanghai Maritime University
  • Donghua University
  • Shanghai University Of Electric Power
  • 上海医疗器械高等专科学校
  • 上海水产大学
  • 上海第二医科大学
  • Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
  • East China Normal University
  • Shanghai Normal University
  • Shanghai International Studies University
  • Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
  • 上海对外贸易学院
  • Shanghai Customs College
  • 上海旅游高等专科学校
  • East China University of Political Science and Law
  • Shanghai University of Sport
  • Shanghai Conservatory of Music
  • Shanghai Theatre Academy
  • 上海公安高等专科学校
  • Shanghai University of Engineering Science
  • 立信会计高等专科学校
  • Shanghai Dian Ji University
  • 上海师范高等专科学校
  • 上海金融高等专科学校
  • 上海出版印刷高等专科学校
  • Shanghai Sanda University
  • Shanghai University
  • 上海应用技术学院
  • Shanghai Polytechnic University
  • Shanghai Ocean University
  • 上海对外经贸大学
  • 上海应用技术大学

Copyright © 2019. Shanghai Municipal Education Commission. All rights reserved.