Things to note during the test
(1) Once in the test room, candidates should put the admission ticket and ID certificate on the upper right corner of the desk for inspection. All activities of candidates are subject to instructions of the supervisor.
(2) Duration for HSK (Basic) is about 135 minutes; HSK (Elementary-Intermediate) about 145 minutes without a break; and HSK (Advanced) about 180 minutes with a break and then the written test. Candidates should not leave the test room during the course of the test. If so under some exceptional circumstances, the candidate must obtain permission from the supervisor.
(3) SK has a strict control of time limits for each section of the test and candidates should answer corresponding test questions within a given time period and avoid jumping to later sections or turning back to previous ones during the test.
(4) Candidates should not take test papers or answer sheets out of the room, or tear apart, replace or copy contents of the test.
(5) Candidates must abide by test instructions and those who violate rules will be warned and not be permitted to continue the test.
(6) Before answering test questions, candidates must fill in their names (Chinese and English), test paper code, nationality code, test center code and candidate's number according to the admission ticket. Candidates should draw a bar like this to indicate their sex. The test paper code is on the upper right corner. The nationality code is a fixed number created by the test center for each country and nationality for all HSK tests. The code for Japan is 525, France 610, etc. The candidate’s number is a serial number of the registration. The test center code is the number for the place where the test is held. The admission ticket of a Japanese student called Kimula Yuko is like this.
While filling information, candidates should write the numbers first in the blanks on the left and then draw a bar on corresponding numbers on the right like this. The HSK Admission Ticket
(7) Answers should be drawn with a bar like this:
Please note the bar should be drawn thick and bold to make sure the card-reading machine can recognize answers. The candidate should bear the consequences due to their failure to follow instructions about how to answer questions.